Health Benefits of Peppermint, Peppermint is extracted from the mint plant, which can be grown in home gardens and is a natural hybrid of water mint and spear mint. There are around 25 different species of the mint plant.
Peppermint is useful for not only its medicinal properties, but for its use as a drink as well. Peppermint can be used to cure digestive problems, cough and can be served with tea as mint tea.
Different Vitamins and Peppermint:
- Vitamin A: Although Vitamin A is not present in abundance in peppermint but given the usage of peppermint, a small amount also serves the purpose. The deficiency of Vitamin A causes Night Blindness. Thus peppermint has the properties to maintain good vision and even to cure the damage to vision to some extent. Vitamin is also helpful for having a good skin.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B as such is not a part of the essential nutrients present in peppermint, but the minerals that are present in Vitamin B are also present in peppermint. Vitamin B comes in different varieties. But the crux of the importance of Vitamin B is that it ensures good bones, health and repairs red blood cells of the blood.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is one of those essential nutrients that are present in abundance in peppermint. The deficiency of Vitamin C causes Scurvy. The health benefits of Vitamin C range from skin to the immune system. Vitamin C also helps in preventing immune system diseases and cardiovascular diseases. Although the presence of Vitamin C in peppermint cannot be compared to citrus fruits, still the wide range of benefits that peppermint provides make it a congenial option.
- Vitamin D: As in the case of Vitamin B, Vitamin D also is not present in peppermint as such, but the minerals that make up vitamin D are. Vitamin D is mainly concerned with the proper development of bones and care of skin. The deficiency of Vitamin D causes Rickets in which the bones become hollow and curved.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E oil can be blended with peppermint oil and can be used as an effective remedy against skin and hair problems.
All in all, the variety of uses that peppermint has, very few can give. It can be used to improve various conditions. Peppermint can also be used as lozenges, to cure digestive problems, for cough related problems and various other problems. Thus, peppermint is an all round supplement provide by nature.